Warm when cold and quite cool when hot outside. That would be how I describe the change of temperature around here. Of course, it was all thanks to a brand new looking heater and AC placed in the smooth white walls. I believed the heater wasn’t all that new; everything was just taken care of very well, even before I moved here. I couldn’t deny they were both quite fancy and expensive looking too, which I bet they are themselves. It’s like the servant’s policy to not leave a single dirty spot anywhere. Unfortunately for them, it is not really my policy.
My huge bed was on the upper left corner, near the windows and balcony, complete with soft pillows and warm blankets I knitted alone. Many would consider it annoying to bump into the walls while sleeping. While I found it reassuring to have a solid matter that prevents me from falling off bed.
A large bookshelf made from oak was resting on the right side of the room, every shelf smudged with books, thick and thin. Right in front of it, on the floor, the maids laid a cream-colored carpet, where I usually sit on while reading.
The current and the rest of interior here were, you can say, a bit weird, the result of ignoring my parent’s insistence that the bed should be in the middle and the round tables on the corners. There were a few other things I didn’t listen to.
You should know that I didn’t completely ignore them just like that. It was more like pushing away the ideas politely. And I did make the blankets. It’s just I found bed covers a little too itchy and annoying for my likings. Do not get it wrong though: I am not a pampered teenage.
Anyways, hanging from the walls were posters of the family’s favorite movies, pinned on the brick with thin glass, constantly changing due to different trends, I think. Maybe they were supposed to consist of my idols or actors and actresses but I didn’t really mind.
In a month’s time or so, maids would usually knock at the door and come in with new posters. They would stand on high chairs to replace the old ones. Beside books, the posters were a kind of amusement for me. The pictures tell stories, and I liked stories.
In all, my bedroom was quite comfortable.
Hi Claire, how do you get the 'About me' to show up on your blog? Because mine didn't ;~;
ReplyDelete---G/Cat-kun---
Ah never mind.. instead please read Hanny's writings as well !!!;
ReplyDelete----g----
hey gitta
ReplyDeletei don't understand how to reply
they sent me back to the 'sign in page' when i pressed the button "reply"
i've read her writings as welll!
they were definitely absolutely awesome!! too :D
yay!! I will tell Hanny about this, can't wait to se her face.. muahahaha >:D *MORIARTYISREAL!*
Delete