Friday, 5 October 2012

Story - Different Point of View: "The Aborigine's Story"

The Aborigine's Story - taken from The Haunted Boomerang
(the story is not at all haunting. just a catchy name I guess)
               My eyes were already open before sunrise. Rising my hands to my face, I rubbed my eyelids and stretched on the ground where I slept. When doing so, I accidentally bumped my head against the cave walls. I cursed, even though I knew my mom would take every chance to punish me if she was nearby. Well, luckily she was still deeply asleep in the other caves far, far away.
               Australia in this time is always a little chilly, and for living my entire life here, I should be used to it. Yet, I shivered as cold breeze entered the dark cave. It made me shifted and turned to face grandpa. The poor man. Resting on the corners, with face all stretched in worry, he looked much older and weak. The gift of foretelling had taken so much years from him. And it all begin when we trustingly gave our sacred boomerang to the white men. Those cursed people! How can they lose it? Clearly they don't understand our ways. All people who are not aborigines cannot be trusted, especially people who dishonored us. White men are not trustworthy.
               My people were the ones who took real action in this case. Take my grandpa for example. He gave in great power to use his gift to try and find the boomerang. And he must do it fast, too. Horrible things would happen if we didn't find it soon. Nature would wake and throw it's furry to us all.
               I chuckled in worry. However bad things were, I have to take care of grandpa first, for now. Getting angry and blaming wouldn't fix a thing. So I picked up my cloth bag and  got up really fast. Then I skipped towards the cave exit. Sharp rocks found my bare feet, but I did not care. I am rather hungry, and food were waiting just outside.
               Another breeze blew and ruffled my hair wildly as I collected nuts and seeds which fell from nearby trees. They all found their paths being lead into my hungry cloth bag. Then I took my time pulling roots from small plants. They often contain enough water to subside thirst. All this I know well from being an Aboriginal boy. I’m lucky I’m not one of those reckless city boys who often wander into the holly lands of Uluru and throw trash around. Those boys sometimes carry a useless rectangular thing. The smartest of our people said that they were called Nintendo, and that they were used as . . . entertainment. Seriously? They call that entertainment? I bet they know nothing about survival. It is just only the most important thing and they are so careless about it. Unbelievable.
              Returning to the dark cave, I stared at my ill grandpa and sat down to eat. I sighed. When would things get better? After eating one or two nuts, I started chanting for good luck. Suddenly, I heard noises coming from the mouth of the cave. Could it be mother? Or was that one of the tribe people, checking up on grandpa? No, I heard people talking . . . and it is not in Aborigine. The voices were getting closer, and I became more and more alert. 

               " . . . coming from down that passage!" I heard someone said.

               They were heading this way, and I've got to do something. What did they want from us? 

               As the small lamp lit on the faces of the trespassers, I jumped up and yelled, "Who . . . who are you? What do you want?"
               I was rather surprised to see that there were only two people, a boy and a girl, and they were just about my age. The problem was, they were white! The boy put up his hands in front of his chest in an attempt to calm me. What am I, a horse?

              The boy answered carefully,"I'm Bob," gesturing to the girl, "and this is Penny." They looked a little scared to me. "We're lost and . . ." 
               "Leave us alone!" I suddenly shouted. I didn't know where the relief came from. Perhaps I was just as afraid of them as they were of me.

                Again the boy spoke, "No, please don't be afraid! We don't want to hurt you!" 

                I started to listen. The girl called Penny was now hiding behind the one called Bob, and I felt bad for scaring her.

                "We left the group and now we can't find our parents. . ." 
                "Who are you?" Penny half whispered.

                I thought about smiling to them, but it seemed as if I would scare them more.
                "We're Aborigines -- we're from the Anangu tribe. I'm Sel, and this is my grandfather," pointing to grandpa. "He's ill. . ." I continued.

                Penny came out from behind Bob. She was, I admit, kinda pretty. Her blue eyes were as blue as the ocean, and it was such a sight. ". . . help?" she said.

               I was too busy starring that I didn't get the complete sentence, but I figured that she offered help. "No, nobody can help us now. . . We're doomed."

               "Doomed? What do you mean?" she was starting to take interest in the topic.

               Explaining about the missing boomerang to them, I felt awkward. Before, I thought that I would hated all white people. Bob wasn't all that bad either.

               When their faces show confusion, I explained more about the boomerangs magical qualities. "This boomerang keeps evil spirits away from the tribe, it keeps us safe. It is a magic boomerang but it can be very dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands."

Well guys, I hope you enjoyed that bit of story. The rest will be coming later on. See yah :D


No comments:

Post a Comment